Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Foreword

     I am persuaded, because of an overwhelming lack of analysis available to the ordinary internet user, to provide readers with the tools they need to appreciate great poetic works. This desire was born of my own struggle to comprehend poetry books that I felt were important--just as important as the books that do receive analysis, which are generally novels discussed in English classrooms.

     I believe that you should not have to enroll in a college class to wrestle with these texts. I have found in my own reading that poetry collections are the most rewarding reads: they ask the most of us; engage us in the text in a way that leaves us altered. 

     This blog will record my conversation with the books I am reading. I hope you join me in this talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment